It is the law to buckle up, but still, many people do not fasten seat belts!
On the back seats, only 1% of passengers buckle up! Seat belts are the single most effective traffic safety device for preventing death and injury. Wearing a seat belt can reduce the risk of crash injuries by 50% and they keep drivers and passengers from being ejected through windows or doors.
How to manage it right!
- Make it a routine and habit to ALWAYS fasten your seat belt
- No belt – No start!
- Before you start your car, EVERYBODY must wear seat belts!
- Make sure children are buckled up
- Use appropriate child seats or child booster cushions
- Even on the shortest of trips, all passengers must buckle up
Watch out for this
- Never allow your kids not to be buckled up, under any circumstances!
- Kids get used to the ‘uncomfortable’ feeling and soon they will understand that it can save their life and
- Kids should NEVER roam around in the car
- Kids should NEVER sit on the laps of other passengers
- Kids below the age of 10 are not allowed to travel in the front seat, regardless of wearing a seat
- Be aware, that Air Bags do not replace seat belts!